Disclaimer:
This is merely a collection of translated articles from below blogs. No responsibility is taken for the content of the articles.

Burma Dictator Watch (Burmese version)
Moe Thee Zun's blog
Nicknayman's blog



Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Burma's Army out of idea

[originial source in Burmese - ko moethee's blog]
Translated by TL

There is army recruitment in the United States. Also in Thailand. Their method is to place ad in the newspaper. There are many benefits if they join the army. In U.S, after serving in the army for three years, they can go to the universities of their choice free of charge. A friend of mine won DV lottery and immigrated to US, and then he joined the army. He gets salary and also goes to school. Let's have a look at our Burmese Army.

In Burmese Navy, as soon as they approach the port, they have to recruit at least two people. If they can't, they are not allowed to come back to the ship. Then they grab anyone they could find. They force everyone, including beggar (who sleeps under a tree) by asking whether you want to join the army or go to jail. Who want to go to jail!

Everyone has to join the army. Then they still don't have to enjoy life. They have to do everything on the ship like hard labor mopping the floor and cleaning the bedrooms. If they resist, they will be beaten. How rude! Let me share my personal experience. About 6 months ago. My ferry did not take me back home so I had to get off at Shwe Gone Dine traffic light. It was a little after midnight. There was no bus at the bus-stop. Police on the motorcycle came and asked me whether I wanted to go home. I apologized. But they tried to arrest me. Then I planned to go home with a car I could find. Then the police asked me again why I did not go home before. Then they asked me where I lived. Then I apologized again. Not long after, there was a person who walked past in front of me.

They seemed to know him. Then they asked him whether he did not want to go home and he wanted to come with them. Then they arrested him and took him away. I was so afraid that I jumped on a car and rode to Thiriminaglar market and then back to Insein.

Burmese Navy has been taking away people for so long. It was when I picked containers at Thilawa Port. Porters from BoAung Kyaw Port came in equivalence of 10 people for one container.

On that day, custom officer gave us such a hard time that it became too late into dark. There was nothing to eat at Thilawa Port. So they had to go back to Kyaik Kauk for meal. Then no one decided to eat. When the port closed, everyone had to sleep outside. I let the ten-wheeler's driver know and slept on its roof. In the morning, I heard that people were taken away to be forced to work as porters. Then labor leader came and said that his men were gone and I had to take responsibility. How could I find them if they are not in prison? It is hard to find out which branch of the army took away these people. It is not a residential area. It is very disgusting work that the Burmese army is doing.

Moon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm pinching this for my inside readers too, specially the ones from the postal and communications ministry....

:)

ooops... thankyou guys...

 
Powered by Million + Pieces